20 REASONS WHY YOUR CONTENT DOES NOT HAVE GOOD ENGAGEMENT ON LINKEDIN
There are 3 reasons people post content on LinkedIn and every other social media platform:
- To build their Personal Brand/Influence.
- To sell (Products/Services).
- For the fun of it.
Whichever the reason, everyone feels good when their content is highly engaging.
🏵️Good engagement also means your post will reach a wider audience or who would love to spend minutes or hours on content only for it to be seen by a few people.
So, what then are the reasons why your post is not well-engaged?
Here we go!
- Your content sucks: whether you believe it or not content creation is a skill! Find time to learn it if you are posting content for the first 2 reasons above.
- Your Graphics are poor or you don’t even use any. There is power in visuals, humans are attracted to visually appealing graphics.
- You don’t engage with other people’s posts.
- You post too much (this sounds harsh but it’s a proven fact)
- You don’t reply to comments- Nobody likes to be ignored.
- You don’t reply to comments fast enough- (algorithm tricks) the rule is, to post only when you have time to reply to comments promptly.
- You don’t use storytelling as such.
- You don’t put CTA (call to action) in your content.
- You have a lot of inactive followers.
- Your post is too long.